Legal Business Development: How to Close New Clients
Expert marketing and advertising consultant Bruce Marcus recently shared on LinkedIn a terrific strategy for engaging new clients. Bruce particularly emphasizes the importance of making the prospective client envision a future state where they’ve been empowered to solve the problem and alleviate their pain point. I think this is a terrific suggestion. Please let me know if you find this tactic useful in increasing your client roster and improving your legal business development.
Here’s Bruce’s strategy in detail:
* Ask the questions that will help you understand the prospect’ s company and industry (A little homework and Google will help. Ask questions, and then listen, listen, listen.
* Feed back the information to demonstrate that you understand the company and the prospect’s problems.
* Now you ask the magic question…”If you could solve the problem, how would it help you?” Not “we”, but “you”. The prospect then has to think and focus, and practically sells him or herself.
* Now you can say, “We can help”, which is time to say how and why you can help”
* Now you can say, “Let’s start Monday.”
You can learn a lot more about Bruce and his services at www.marcusletter.com, and even obtain a copy of his book at http://bit.ly/MarcusBook.